POSITION: ASSISTANT DEPUTY DIRECTOR, TRAINING
ORGANIZATION: SECURE COMMUNITY NETWORK (SCN)
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position will oversee the development of the SCN National Training and Exercise program as they related to safety, security, and emergency preparedness. In this role, the Assistant Deputy Director of Training will be responsible for directing and overseeing the design and implementation of policies, procedures and systems for coordinating and scheduling training; organizing, planning, executing, and evaluating training and exercise programs; designing, preparing and piloting curriculum, participant and instructor manuals; collecting and reviewing source materials; conducting/facilitating training seminars and other processes in various settings; designing course methodologies, arranging for training locations, securing equipment supplies, and evaluating training impact.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree OR current/honorable discharge from military duty in a related Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) AND a minimum of ten (10) years of full-time professional work experience in Emergency Management, Sworn Fire Service, Sworn Law Enforcement or Emergency Medical Services. (If applicable, must provide original transcript at time of interview). Minimum of five (5) years’ professional work experience instructing, training and/or coordinating training programs in Emergency Management, the Fire Service, Law Enforcement, Emergency Medical Services, Public Health or in the military in a related M.O.S. Minimum of five (5) years effectively managing a team of three or more people.
Preferred qualifications include Master’s Degree in Training and Development, Instructional Design, Business Administration, Emergency Management or Public Safety and prior supervisory and managerial experience.
- Excellent leadership, problem-solving as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced organization under extremely stressful situations and handle multiple tasks over an extended period of time in a self-directed manner.
- Demonstrated team leadership and project management experience.
- Ability to receive and process sensitive intelligence and information.
- Knowledge of incident and emergency management communication procedures and protocol.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, frameworks, and techniques of employee training including methodology of determining and developing training needs and goals, alternative training methods, curriculum outlines and materials, training and teaching resources, and assessment of results.
- Ability to design, prepare, present and coordinate complex training exercises.
- Ability to supervise the activities of both paid staff and volunteers.
- Ability to ascertain compliance with federal and state emergency preparedness laws, rules and regulations and explain compliance requirements to various stakeholders.
- Skilled in utilizing professional judgment in dealing with entities from all sectors as well as other professionals in the field of law enforcement, intelligence and emergency management.
- Crisis management, incident management.
- Skilled in organizing training programs in conformance with NIMS, local/state/federal regulations and operating procedures.
- Skilled in coordinating, planning and overseeing large scale exercises involving multiple jurisdictions, organizations and locations.
- Ability to analyze course evaluation data and make recommendations for improvement.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to accurately perform tasks in all of the following: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as Salesforce.
- Must be willing to travel on a regular basis and be on-call 24/7.
- PREFERRED: Experience or certifications in any of the following: Run, Hide, Fight; Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events (CRASE); Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate (ALICE); Stop the Bleed; Situational Awareness Training; FEMA Emergency Management Institute (EMI) Master Trainer; Familiarity with Incident Command System (ICS), National Incident Management System (NIMS); Emergency Management Professional Program (EMPP); Completion of Standard NIMS course work; IS-700 & IS-800; Certificates of Completion of the NIMS-ICS course work ICS-100, 200, 300 & 400.
Secure Community Network is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters to email@example.com