POSITION: DIRECTOR, CAMPUS SAFETY & SECURITY PROGRAMS
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, D.C.
Under the direction of Hillel International and the Secure Community Network, the Director of Campus Safety & Security Programs will develop, implement and oversee the design, development and implementation of campus safety and security programs for Hillel International and its member Hillels, both across North America and internationally. The Director will serve as an expert security advisor, liaison, training coordinator and incident response manager, to ensure the safety and security of all Hillels, professional staff, students and guests. The Director will work to strengthen partnerships, relationships, and cooperation to enhance security capacity and mitigate risks and threats to Jewish life on campus, via their role with Hillel International.
This position will be based at Hillel International headquarters at the Schusterman International Center in Washington, D.C. Qualified remote candidates may be considered. Significant travel is anticipated.
Qualifications & Experience
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree, PLUS a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Emergency Management, Security Risk Management, Law Enforcement, Public Safety Administration, United States Armed Forces OR equivalent combination of professional work experience, training and education. Preferred qualifications include prior supervisory, managerial, and community relations experience. CPP or other security industry certification and campus safety experience preferred. Knowledge of Jewish community and Hillel operating environment a plus.
- Excellent leadership, problem-solving as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of incident and emergency management communication procedures and protocol
- Knowledge of FEMA/DHS National Interoperability requirements in relation to Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Ability to design, develop and implement and deliver Emergency Operation Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, Organizational Policies, and Training Programs
- Skilled in designing, developing, interpreting and applying directives
- Ability to work under extremely stressful situations and handle multiple tasks over an extended period of time
- Ability to ascertain compliance with federal and state emergency preparedness laws, rules and regulations and explain compliance requirements to county and local officials
- Ability to communicate in verbal, written or electronic formats in a concise and grammatically correct manner
- Skilled in utilizing professional judgment in dealing with entities from all sectors as well as other professionals in the field of law enforcement, intelligence and emergency management
- Proficient in the development and implementation of emergency communication policies, protocols, and procedures
- Proficient in the development and implementation of operational planning, policies, protocols and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and general computer skills
- Must be willing to travel and be on-call 24/7
Secure Community Network is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.