POSITION: GRANT WRITER
ORGANIZATION: SECURE COMMUNITY NETWORK (SCN)
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Under the general direction of the National Director and CEO of the Secure Community Network (SCN) and the Executive Team, this position is responsible for developing, implementing and managing a strategic approach to secure funding from local, regional and national funding sources, to include those in the private, public, academic and non-profit sectors. Researches, writes and manages all aspects of grant application processes, including overseeing applications for effective content and meaningful reporting. Works closely with institutional partners on grant programs and opportunities that will support the organizational mission. Assumes various administrative and technical support responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops a strategic approach to secure new and renewed funding from local, regional and national funding sources.
- Writes high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, budgets and supporting documents.
- Responsible for researching, collecting data and writing of each grant.
- Coordinates evaluation of grant opportunities with appropriate internal team members and external stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Prepares written reports, documents processes and communicates effectively.
- Performs administrative and technical support responsibilities.
- Develops recommendations on the feasibility of funding opportunities aligned with the organization’s initiatives and/or mission.
- Tracks reporting required by grantors and works with appropriate team members to ensure fulfillment.
- Manages grantor communications, to include development and sending of reports, correspondence and acknowledgement letters to funders and other stakeholders.
- Monitor contract compliance and alerts leadership to potential issues or concerns.
- Interacts with relevant stakeholders and partners in a professional manner.
- Provide information and assistance to other components of SCN and external stakeholders on assigned functions.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree AND a minimum of three (3) years of full-time professional work experience in Research and Grant Writing.
- Demonstrated aptitude for grant coordination, organization and management.
- Ability to write reports, document processes and communicate effectively.
- Excellent leadership, problem-solving as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced organization and handle multiple tasks over an extended period of time in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to receive and process sensitive intelligence and information.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office and proficient computer skills in an Apple environment.
- Previous experience researching, writing and managing Non-Profit Grant Program applications.
- Familiar with federal grant databases, including the System for Award Management (SAM).
Competitive and commensurate with experience.
The Secure Community Network is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals may apply by emailing a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@securecommunitynetwork.org.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the above position.