POSITION: NATIONAL PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT (SECURITY)
ORGANIZATION: SECURE COMMUNITY NETWORK (SCN)
LOCATION: CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
The ideal candidate for this position has experience in the security consulting arena, to include proficiency in business development and managing client relationships. The candidate should have a proven track record demonstrating program growth and personal initiative.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position reports directly to the Assistant Deputy Director of Operations of the Secure Community Network (SCN). This position is responsible for providing oversight, management, development, focus and guidance to the program and support of the SCN Regional Security Advisor (RSA) and Community Security Director (CSD) programs across North America. This position will actively engage in the development of strategy, continued development, communications and implementation of community and regional security programs and initiatives, policies, and products to promote programmatic and organizational progress within SCN and partner/client organizations.
This position has a 24/7 response component and may require a physical or remote response to incidents and critical needs of the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Responsible for engagement, deployment, tracking, management, and security program development for communities across the nation that seek to build security programs, ultimately leading to formal continued engagement with SCN.
• In coordination with SCN Executive Team, develop, implement and maintain the SCN Security Engagement Program.
• Formally respond to or initiate new assistance requests via consult and support services, to include training and capacity-building.
• Track and maintain ongoing dialogue and program portfolios with all organizations, offering resources and assistance throughout the life and development of the program.
• Coordinate tracking of program engagement activities; develop and maintain associated metrics and standards.
• Assist in tracking metrics, reporting and communication for the regional and local security programs.
• Regularly lead and take part in various information and planning meetings related to program engagement.
• Establish and/or build upon relationships with constituents and organizations through collaboration with Federation Executives, organization and lay leadership, as well as Security Directors.
• Collaborate, develop, distribute and assist in the implementation of products and programs to support each program.
• Conduct new engagement meetings, develop reports, contracts, and proposals, as necessary.
• Conduct trainings, webinars, donor/funder meetings, law enforcement meetings and other community engagements for consistency and efficiency.
• Formalize and document the lifecycle of the development process for the security engagement program and track progress, ultimately establishing a long-term presence of a Regional Security Advisor or Community Security Director.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree, PLUS a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Emergency Management, Security Risk Management/Consulting, Law Enforcement, Public Safety Administration, United States Armed Forces OR equivalent combination of professional work experience, training and education. Preferred qualifications include prior consulting and managerial experience.
• Excellent leadership, presentation, problem-solving as well as verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced organization
• Knowledge of incident and emergency management communication procedures and protocol
• Ability to design, develop and implement Emergency Operation Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, Organizational Policies, and Client Products such as proposals, organizational road maps and strategic plans
• Skilled in designing, developing, interpreting and applying directives
• Ability to maintain the integrity of confidential efforts and documents
• Ability to work under extremely stressful situations and handle multiple tasks over an extended period of time
• Ability to ascertain compliance with federal and state emergency preparedness laws, rules and regulations and explain compliance requirements to county and local officials
• Ability to communicate in verbal, written or electronic formats in a concise and professional manner
• Ability to make independent and accurate decisions in difficult matters with tact and courtesy
• Skilled in utilizing professional judgment in dealing with entities from all sectors as well as other professionals in the fields of law enforcement, intelligence and emergency management
• Proficient in the development and implementation of emergency communication policies, protocols and procedures
• Proficient in the development and implementation of operational planning, policies, protocols and procedures
• Skilled in Microsoft Office, Adobe product Suite and proficient general computer skills in an Apple (Mac) environment
• Must be willing to travel and be on-call 24/7
Competitive and commensurate with experience
The Secure Community Network is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals may apply by emailing a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Careers@securecommunitynetwork.org.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the above position.