DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Regional Security Director for the Mid-Atlantic region is responsible for providing direct oversight, management, focus and guidance to SCN staff who oversee multi-community/regional as well as community-specific security programs in the Mid-Atlantic region. The position has oversight and coordination responsibilities over security personnel that work directly for Jewish Federations in their designated Area of Responsibility, as well as serving in a liaison capacity with federal, state and local law enforcement. This position actively engages in the development of strategy, and implementation of new community security programs, policies, and products to promote programmatic and organizational progress within the respective region, and partner/client organizations. This position has a 24/7 response component and may require a physical or remote response to incidents and critical needs of the community.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Emergency Management, Security Risk Management, Law Enforcement, Public Safety Administration, United States Armed Forces OR equivalent combination of professional work experience, training and education. Preferred qualifications include prior supervisory and managerial experience.
- Excellent leadership, problem-solving as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Minimum of three (3) years personnel management of a team of 5 or more.
- Knowledge of incident and emergency management communication procedures and protocols.
- Knowledge of FEMA/DHS National Interoperability requirements in relation to Homeland Security and Emergency Management.
- Ability to design, develop and implement Emergency Operation Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, Organizational Policies, and Client Products.
- Skilled in designing, developing, interpreting and applying directives.
- Ability to maintain the integrity of confidential efforts and documents.
- Ability to supervise the activities of both paid staff and volunteers.
- Ability to work under extremely stressful situations and handle multiple tasks over an extended period of time.
- Ability to ensure compliance with federal and state emergency preparedness laws, rules and regulations and explain compliance requirements to county and local officials.
- Ability to communicate in verbal, written or electronic formats in a concise and grammatically correct manner.
- Ability to make independent and accurate decisions in difficult matters with tact and courtesy.
- Skilled in utilizing professional judgment in dealing with entities from all sectors as well as other professionals in the field of law enforcement, intelligence and emergency management.
- Proficient in the development and implementation of emergency communication policies, protocols, and procedures.
- Proficient in the development and implementation of operational planning, policies, protocols and procedures.
- Strong report writing, presentation design and public speaking skills are a must.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Adobe product Suite and proficient general computer skills.
- Preferred experience in business development.
- Experience in drafting, reviewing and implementing budgets.
- Must be willing to travel and be on-call 24/7.
Secure Community Network is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.