POSITION: TRAINING SPECIALIST
ORGANIZATION: SECURE COMMUNITY NETWORK (SCN)
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Training Specialist, under the direction of the Secure Community Network (SCN) Deputy Director of Training and/or Executive Team, on behalf of the National Director & CEO, supports the training needs and priorities of the Jewish community in North America, specifically as they relate to safety, security, and emergency preparedness. Provides instruction to community members, leadership and law enforcement. The Training Specialist must be able to develop and revise course related content and training material, to conduct course related research and to maintain awareness of current best practices in relevant training areas. Experience in leading, instructing and evaluating training sessions, table-top exercises, seminars, and webinars.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Excellent public speaking abilities and presentation skills.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds, such as civilian, law enforcement and military.
- Expert knowledge of classroom and practical exercise training and instructional methods, practices and procedures.
- Ability to think quickly to resolve conflicts while using a high degree of discretion and judgement when incorporating life experience into active training programs.
- Ability to adapt training and instructional materials to meet varying skill and knowledge level of students.
- Ability to participate in the planning, organization, implementation and follow through of training programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and the ability to review and edit work products.
- Ability to plan and facilitate large scale exercises involving multiple partners and/or communities.
- Ability to collaborate with various partners, to include federal, state and local agencies to partner with Jewish institutions for integrating safety and security trainings with law enforcement partners.
- Capable of organizing and delivering training programs in conformance with National Incident Management System (NIMS), local/state/federal regulations and operating procedures.
- Experience analyzing course evaluation and attendance data and making recommendations for improvement.
- Capable of collaborating with others to develop instructional content and supporting materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree OR current/honorable discharge from military duty in a related Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) OR a minimum of ten (10) years of full-time professional work experience in Emergency Management, Sworn Fire Service, Sworn Law Enforcement or Emergency Medical Services. (If applicable, must provide original transcript at time of interview). Minimum of seven (7) years’ professional work experience instructing, training and/or coordinating training programs in Emergency Management, the Fire Service, Law Enforcement, Emergency Medical Services, Public Health or in the military in a related M.O.S.
- Outgoing and humble demeanor.
- Expert presentation skills and the ability to speak in public.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to work under pressure.
- High attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated team leadership and project management experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to accurately perform tasks in all of the following: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as Salesforce.
- Must be willing to travel.
- PREFERRED: Certifications in any of the following: Physical Security Professional (PSP), Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Stop the Bleed, Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events (CRASE), FEMA Emergency Management Institute (EMI) Master Trainer, National Incident Management System (NIMS), Emergency Management Professional Program (EMPP).
Competitive and commensurate with experience.
The Secure Community Network is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals may apply by emailing a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@securecommunitynetwork.org.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the above position.