POSITION: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, FULL-TIME
ORGANIZATION: SECURE COMMUNITY NETWORK (SCN)
LOCATION: CHICAGO, IL
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Secure Community Network (SCN) is seeking a creative and highly organized professional to be Executive Assistant to its National Director. A fast-paced, mission-driven organization, SCN is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit dedicated to ensuring the safety and security of the Jewish community of North America. The role of the Executive Assistant is to provide the National Director with the necessary support in a number of areas, to include communications, administration and stakeholder engagement, to further SCN’s mission and vision.
The Executive Assistant must have the interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders with maturity and discretion, including law enforcement officials, donors and media. The Executive Assistant prepares a range of important materials for the National Director, including presentations, correspondence and meeting agendas. The ideal candidate will have experience and ability with data analyzation as well as excellent writing skills.
The Executive Assistant will also be a key player in the National Director’s travel and presentations, including the planning and execution of appearances as well as follow-up donor communications. A reliable, self-motivated person who enjoys multi-tasking with a small, close-knit team will thrive in this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare and edit executive level correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- Conduct research and collect and analyze data to prepare reports
- Design and maintain filing systems and databases
- Manage and maintain executives' schedules, appointments and travel arrangements
- Prepare and provide daily briefings for the National Director
- Coordinate weekly meetings and prepare reports of same
- Plan national events in collaboration with the rest of the SCN team
- Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications from stakeholders across the United States and abroad
- Manage all aspects of the SCN office environment
- Troubleshoot basic technology and software issues
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Proven administrative or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficient with MS Office suite and Apple products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
The Secure Community Network is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals may apply by emailing a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: HR@securecommunitynetwork.org.