POSITION: INFORMATION SHARING CENTER OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
ORGANIZATION: SECURE COMMUNITY NETWORK (SCN)
LOCATION: CHICAGO, IL
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Operations Center Coordinator is responsible for monitoring events, issues, incidents and activities that may affect and/or impact the safety and security of the Jewish community, to include members of the community, organizations, facilities and property across North America. The purpose of this position is to detect, analyze and alert others regarding all-hazard threats to the Community. This may include man-made and natural incidents, to include anti-Semitic acts and incidents, terrorism, crime, extreme weather conditions, infrastructure failures, etc. The Operations Center Coordinator provides issue monitoring and communications support, consultation to partners and stakeholders, emergency response coordination, and incident notifications, including escalation of major incidents to senior management.
Included in the above, the Operations Center Coordinator is responsible for the oversight, management and maintenance of various technology platforms associated with the Operations Center, to include a mass notification system as well as case management/incident reporting platform, among others. The position will oversee and manage systems operation and ongoing implementation and expansion, manage flow of information and alerts and provide knowledgeable support to meet the needs of SCN stakeholders and system users. The Operations Center Coordinator will oversee and manage related functions, as well as technology and software systems in support of daily operations.
Qualified candidates must possess a high degree of operations experience, information security awareness and demonstrated success in operating and managing similar systems and software solutions, in addition to strong interpersonal skills, excellent writing abilities, self-initiative, confidentiality and professionalism.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Professionally represent SCN, to include communicating directly with SCN partners as a primary first-contact/first-report for all questions and concerns pertaining to safety and security
- In concert with Intelligence Analysts, gathering security and threat information from multiple open-source intelligence services using a variety of web-based and in-house tools
- Conducting risk analysis, and providing proactive guidance to partners, stakeholders and other relevant parties
- Compiling situational and after-action reports
- Providing as-needed support for various security operations, crisis response and business continuity functions
- Performing business functions such as document drafting and revision, data tracking, budget forecasting, and data analysis
- Maintaining day-to-day oversight and management of the technology platforms utilized by the Command Center, to include its mass notification system
- Planning, preparing and conducting regular tests of platforms; reviewing test results, identifying gaps and working with team, stakeholder and solutions providers to continuously improve system performance
- Organizing, facilitating and conducting training and stakeholder engagement and support on platforms
- Developing appropriate policy guidance, standards and SOPs for system use with platforms employed
- Ensuring system profiles, data access etc., are set up correctly for servicing processes to maintain data integrity, processing accuracy, and required confidentiality with utilized listservs as well as platforms
- Developing and providing reports, proposals and presentations
- Coordinating and providing services to identify needs for the organization and technology to support operations
- Analyzes current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic objectives; recommends new systems or product upgrades
- Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and solutions to solve business problems
- Oversees testing of new systems to ensure functionality and fulfillment of organizational needs
- Collaborates on projects/issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas
Graduation from an accredited college or university with Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years experience in a related field OR Associate degree with 4+ years experience in a related fieldOR current/honorable discharge from military duty in a related Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) or comparable public safety position.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong team player with a professional style
- Aptitude for clear and effective writing under time-sensitive conditions
- Superior telephone and face-to-face verbal communication skills, including experience clarifying as well as conveying information in a professional and positive manner
- Knowledge of practices, methods, and techniques used in the implementation of IT applications
- Knowledge of cloud-based public safety solutions
- Ability to effectively participate in staff meetings or other forums aimed at developing constructive ideas, observations and insights
- Experience with applications such as Salesforce, Microsoft Access and other database and related platforms
- Ability to receive and process sensitive intelligence and information
- Ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to multiple audiences in clear, concise language
- Ability to establish priorities, multitask, work independently, and complete objectives in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Sound operational judgment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Comfortable in a high-tech work environment, adaptable to new tools and processes
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
The Secure Community Network is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals may apply by emailing a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@securecommunitynetwork.org.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the above position.