Location(s): Chicago, IL
Internship Period: Immediate
Organization Description: The Secure Community Network (SCN) is the national homeland security initiative of The Jewish Federations of North America & the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations. SCN is the central address for law enforcement, homeland security and community organizations focusing on the safety and security of Jewish institutions and communities across North America. To learn more about SCN, visit us at www.securecommunitynetwork.org.
Ideal candidates will be highly-motivated, self-starting, and detail-oriented individuals with the ability to work in a fast-paced, sensitive homeland security environment. Excellent communication skills, Mac proficiency and ability to manage multiple priorities are required.
Interested candidates will be offered opportunities to work on special projects in different areas of the business such as training and intelligence operations.
A list of core requirements is listed below:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Submit to and pass a criminal background check
- Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program
- Demonstrate strong research, analytical and written communication skills
- Demonstrate leadership, organization, and strong project management skills
- Exhibit integrity and ability to work with sensitive security information
- Experience working with large data sets in Excel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – emphasis on PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- Salesforce experience desired
To be eligible for consideration, prospective interns will be expected to complete the following tasks:
- Providing general administrative support
- Assisting with data management projects
- Conducting research for a variety of topics
- Ability to dedicate 12-15 hours/week – typically two full days
- Perform other office duties as assigned
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to HR@securecommunitynetwork.org. Format the subject line as: “*Applicant’s Full Name* - SCN Internship Application”
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Compensation is provided.