POSITION: SECURITY DIRECTOR
ORGANIZATION: POZEZ JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER (JCC) OF NORTHERN VIRGINIA
LOCATION: FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Under the direction of the Executive Director of the JCC, and in coordination with the Secure Community Network Regional Security Director, the Security Director will represent the JCC as an expert security director and serve as an advisor, liaison, training coordinator, and facility security officer, to provide direction and maintain oversight for the development, organization, implementation and monitoring of the JCC’s security operations and program, to include providing guidance and strategic direction to ensure the safety and security of all participants, and serve as the Incident Commander during crisis response and mitigation efforts. The Security Director will coordinate with federal, state and local law enforcement, non-profit, public, private, and other stakeholder organizations on community safety and security matters and provide security support to the Jewish community in Northern Virginia.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as a security director of the Pozez JCC, as well as a JCC security representative to local and regional partners, to include other JCC’s in the region, Synagogues and other key agencies as well as regionally located federal law enforcement.
- Work in close coordination with the Jewish community’s regional security director and Secure Community Network (SCN) for information sharing, advice, training, security assistance, coordinated security standards and polices for the JCC and the local community.
- Serve as an expert, advisor, liaison, training coordinator as well as provider to the JCC, and as a coordinating resource between the JCC and local/regional partners, to include the Jewish community, local, state as well as regionally located federal law enforcement, and other stakeholder organizations on community safety and security matters.
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact for Security related grant opportunities for the JCC, to include completion and submitting of grant applications, required documentation, planning and implementation.
- Maintain relationships with professional and lay leadership of local northern Virginia Jewish community facilities and organizations and meet regularly with these personnel to share security related information.
- Communicate internally and externally a working knowledge of the JCC’s security objectives, mission, policies and positions and monitor local, national and world events that might impact the JCC or its members.
- Prepare for meetings and issue reports and other correspondence for key leadership, to include the Executive Director, Director of Operations, and Associate Executive Director – as well as preparing presentations and reports for the JCC Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
- Implement a JCC Crisis Leadership Management Team (CLMT) and corresponding emergency communications system, standard operating procedures, and policies to ensure efficient and timely response and notifications of security incidents.
- Design, develop, implement and manage security policies, procedures, recommendations and standards to ensure compliance with applicable security laws, regulations and privacy legislation, as appropriate.
- Develop and implement budget-sensitive changes to programs and procedures as needed to provide protection of all users, visitors, and assets.
- Provide ongoing review and development of security programs and operating procedures at the JCC to include, but not limited to physical security, building hardening, personnel security, training programs, and event security.
- Direct management of JCC security personnel (staff and contracted), plans, policies, crisis and emergency response, training, and other relevant security related programs.
- Serves as the JCC’s security representative and liaison to the local Jewish community leadership
- Work in coordination with SCN Regional Security Director and local Law Enforcement to provide special events security and risk management planning, execution, and implementation for JCC related events in the region, to include development of an event security plan or framework.
- Identify opportunities for community relationship building and networking to facilitate effective community action on a local level, such as local security committees and regional training opportunities in coordination with SCN Regional Security Director.
- Receive and conduct initial investigations, in conjunction with appropriate law enforcement partners, of matters impacting the JCC’s safety and security. Conduct routine fact-finding research, using established contacts and developing sources, as appropriate.
- Design, develop, implement and oversee strategic processes for the JCC, with defined objective and measurable deliverables, to meet long-term security needs and interests, and develop tailored strategies to achieve the same.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct threat, hazard, security and resilience inspection/assessment activities, including the generation of Protective/Resilience Measure Indices based on industry standards, identifying vulnerabilities, and presenting recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Direct the regular Implementation and testing of the JCC’s all-hazards preparedness and response plans
- In coordination and cooperation with SCN’s Regional Security Director, provide training and education through security awareness to a wide range of the JCC’s community (e.g., Jewish schools/students, other community centers/institutions, synagogues, special events, missions, and groups traveling abroad).
- Design and develop training curriculum and courses for various audiences specific to the JCC.
- Develop strong and effective partnerships with local, state, and federal law enforcement and emergency management agencies, Secure Community Network’s Regional Security Director, and assist with plans and investigations of threats.
- Plan, provide for and present security-related training for the JCC’s members.
- Monitor intelligence related to terrorism and public safety. Analyze and disseminate information from local, national, international and Israeli news and media, as well as intelligence network communication locally and abroad.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned, to include assisting with core responsibilities of the JCC.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field.
- Minimum 6 years law enforcement, military (Security), corporate security, government or related homeland security experience.
- CPP or PSP certification desired.
- Dynamic, results-oriented individual, with highest degree of personal integrity and able to pass a background check.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proficiency in report writing.
- Proven success in problem solving, collaboration and developing working relationships with security professionals and colleagues.
- Broad-based knowledge of security protocols, threat investigations, physical security and emergency management.
- Ability to develop organizational plans, to evaluate personnel and assignments and provide direction.
- Experience developing budgets for operations and equipment, including grant applications and other alternative funding.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with the community.
- Knowledge of Judaism and sensitivity to Jewish history, holidays and traditions.
- Ability to respond after-hours and be “on-call,” as necessary.
- This position may be designated as essential personnel. Essential personnel must be able to serve during continuity of operation events without regard to declarations of liberal leave or organizational closures due to weather, protests, natural or manmade incidents. Failure to report for or remain in this position may result in disciplinary or adverse action.
This is a salaried full-time, exempt position, as defined in our employee handbook.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, retirement plan, JCC membership and more.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive, but is intended to be a generalized description of the primary job responsibilities and expectations. Management may change the job responsibilities and expectations based on business requirements.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
ABOUT THE JCC
The Pozez JCC of Northern Virginia is a nonprofit organization dedicated to building a strong and vibrant Jewish community through meaningful opportunities to engage in Jewish life. We welcome individuals of all ages, abilities, ethnicities, faiths and backgrounds. Our activities span five counties and touch more than 15,000 individuals each year through cultural, educational, wellness programs and Israel celebrations. We build Jewish connection, community and peoplehood with the 120,000+ Jews who call Northern Virginia their home.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Pozez JCC of Northern Virginiais committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels of the organization. We recognize the importance of not viewing individuals based on a single identity, and we thrive on being equitable in our recruitment process as well as in our efforts to be inclusive of all employees. We encourage all applicants regardless of gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or other social identity.