POSITION: TRAINING SPECIALIST
ORGANIZATION: SECURE COMMUNITY NETWORK (SCN)
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Training Specialist, under the general direction of the Secure Community Network (SCN) Executive Team, works with all relevant departments in SCN to assist with the training needs and priorities of the Jewish community throughout North America, specifically as they relate to safety, security, and emergency preparedness. Working with the Instructional Design Specialist, the Training Specialist advises as a subject matter expert (SME) in the development and facilitation of SCN training curriculum, table-top exercises, seminars, and webinars.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Facilitate SCN training curricula and presentations to a variety of communities and partners.
- Plan and facilitate large scale exercises involving multiple partners and/or communities.
- Effectively communicate and maintain professional relations with internal and external partners.
- Effectively communicate both, written and orally, to internal and external partners.
- Collaborates with federation partners, internal partners, federal, state and local agencies to partner with Jewish institutions for integrating safety and security trainings with law enforcement partners.
- Organize and deliver training programs in conformance with National Incident Management System (NIMS), local/state/federal regulations and operating procedures.
- Analyze course evaluation and attendance data and make recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with the Instructional Design Specialist and Regional Security Directors as a subject matter expert in the development of content for engaging instructional materials.
- Act as the lead trainer for training requests outside of federation and SCN security director regions.
- Work with Instructional Design Specialist to identify training gaps based on assessments and analysis of conducted trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree OR current/honorable discharge from military duty in a related Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) OR a minimum of ten (10) years of full-time professional work experience in Emergency Management, Sworn Fire Service, Sworn Law Enforcement or Emergency Medical Services. (If applicable, must provide original transcript at time of interview). Minimum of seven (7) years’ professional work experience instructing, training and/or coordinating training programs in Emergency Management, the Fire Service, Law Enforcement, Emergency Medical Services, Public Health or in the military in a related M.O.S.
- Possesses strong oral communication, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with Incident Command System (ICS), NIMS, crisis management, incident management.
- Ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to multiple audiences in clear, concise language.
- Strong computer software skills, including use of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Salesforce.
- Ability to effectively participate in staff meetings or other forums aimed at developing constructive ideas, observations and insights.
- Demonstrated team leadership and project management experience.
- Ability to receive and process sensitive intelligence and information.
- Must be willing to travel overnight up to 70%.
- PREFERRED: Certifications in any of the following: Physical Security Professional (PSP), Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Stop the Bleed, Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events (CRASE), FEMA Emergency Management Institute (EMI) Master Trainer, National Incident Management System (NIMS), Emergency Management Professional Program (EMPP).
The Secure Community Network is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals may apply by emailing a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@securecommunitynetwork.org.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the above position.